1.3
Ease of Use

purchased hp computer on 4/19/18 and it would not stay connected to the internet. I took it to the IT expert at my office and after a week of trying to fix it, explained that it had a problem with the network card or a Wi-Fi bad driver.

She said to take it back to the store, which I did on 5/3/18. The store manager said I had missed the return window by 1 day. She also said that since I had downloaded a program that I now had a virus. I told her that it had been scanned for viruses using windows 10.

She said the best they could do is to do a restore and install Norton for a $100.00 fee.

This is a SCAM. Went to another computer expert and he said it indeed had an outdated and bad driver and did the repair for me.

It cost me a case of beer.

Office Depot of Burleson TX are rip-offs in the fact that they wouldn't allow consideration a return in 15 days vs 14. If you look at a calendar I purchased it a Thursday and returned 2 weeks later on a Thursday. that seems like 14 days but if you count on your fingers which the manager did, it's 15 days. They ran an in store diagnostics that showed that I had in fact downloaded one program but it did not indicate that the system had a virus.

The biggest issue is them making excuses (having loaded a virus) as a reason to try to rip off an extra $100.00. I wonder how many customers they have cheated this way in the past? Hopefully, more people like me will get pissed and write reviews to expose them.

Product or Service Mentioned: Office Depot Computer Diagnostics.

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

Preferred solution: Refund me for a case of Shiner Golden Ale & train your managers to be more customer friendly and less agressive..

I liked: Some products.

I didn't like: Management etiquette, Lousy customer concerns and care.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from May 08.

Comments