May 2006 I bought an HP laptop from Office Depot in Washington, NC.While selecting the computer I needed, I was recommended to purchase the 2 year extended warranty.
The exact words said to me were "If you drop it, run over it with your car or whatever, bring it back in and you will get a brand new computer of equal or more value". So, I bought it it. I've always had exceptional service with Dell on extended warraties so I thought it would be a good insurance policy. Two weeks ago, I trn it on and get a very "vague" picture on the monitor.
I called the warraty service, was sent a box for return and got it back today-unrepaired. I was told there was moisture in the unit and my warranty was void. Now before I sent it, I plugged in an external monitor with great success, backed up my data and sent the unit in. I get it back with the news that it had been water damaged and it won't even come on now.
I've been round and round with Office Depot's customer service and they basically told me to F-Off. They said the mother board had been soaked with coffee or Coke and I had no recourse. How was it that it worked two weekd ago with an external monitor and now it won't come on? The manager at the Office Depot I bought it from (200 miles away) says he will do everything he can to help me but according to Office Depot, I'm ***.
I want to put the word out that OD will NOT stand behind there extended warranties.
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Hp Laptop
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "I bought an ASUS X99-PRO/USB 3.1 motherboard and installed it as a replacement for an MSI motherboard that I damaged due to overclocking. The operating system and other tidbits..."
- "Office Depot online $410.39 It came all broken up I try calling up was sent one person to ANOTHER ON HELP FROM NO ONE. ..."
- "-Diagnosed bad motherboard needed to be replaced by highly trained ET (With my limited knowledge,I was better qualified than these people)-ET wiped drive clean and installed new Home Premium OS..."
- "I signed up with Coventry Healthcare of NC after reading in their summary of coverage that they have a $15 copay for sick visits and a $24/$40 copay for prescriptions...."
- "I ordered a teeshirt i. Wo.ens lrg. When i received it, it fit my 10yr old great neice. I emailed fu. Sport and my respinse was you ordered a womens..."
- "A week after receiving an email stating that my shipment was delayed (order was placed on 11/10), I went online and came across this site. Needless to say, I..."
- "I ordered from this company for first time yesterday before 12 Noon Ordered my mom flowers and candy to be delivered same day, only looked in same day delivery menu..."
- "I just spent $100 on 5 items. 2 appetizers, a salad, and 2 entrees. Only 4 items arrived, partially at that. All of them were cold. Only 1 of them..."
- "What has happened to our LaBelle, Fl 'Dollar General Marketplace' store?! It opened to a great deal of fanfare two+ years ago, and proved to be a clean, well stocked,..."