Office Depot - Extended Warranties are Bull ***
May 2006 I bought an HP laptop from Office Depot in Washington, NC.While selecting the computer I needed, I was recommended to purchase the 2 year extended warranty.
The exact words said to me were "If you drop it, run over it with your car or whatever, bring it back in and you will get a brand new computer of equal or more value". So, I bought it it. I've always had exceptional service with Dell on extended warraties so I thought it would be a good insurance policy. Two weeks ago, I trn it on and get a very "vague" picture on the monitor.
I called the warraty service, was sent a box for return and got it back today-unrepaired. I was told there was moisture in the unit and my warranty was void. Now before I sent it, I plugged in an external monitor with great success, backed up my data and sent the unit in. I get it back with the news that it had been water damaged and it won't even come on now.
I've been round and round with Office Depot's customer service and they basically told me to F-Off. They said the mother board had been soaked with coffee or Coke and I had no recourse. How was it that it worked two weekd ago with an external monitor and now it won't come on? The manager at the Office Depot I bought it from (200 miles away) says he will do everything he can to help me but according to Office Depot, I'm ***.
I want to put the word out that OD will NOT stand behind there extended warranties.106fadde review #118692
You may also like
- "Marina, California Best Buy, about July 15th, 2012: 1. 6 months after my computer purchase, my computer wouldn't switch on. I turned it into the local Geeks and they saw..."
- "I was scammed by a website called brainsyntax. it is a creepy site once you realize that it is run by one guy and his psycho gf. Vincent Schiele a.k.a..."
- "My All-In-One Computer crashed. I filed a claim and was sent a box w/instructions to file my claim. It was fixed in about a week & 1/2! Yeah right. My..."
- "Owner, Charles Yeung (1 647 296 4721) Re: Cosy Nook, 210 Victoria Street (908), Toronto, ON M5B 2R3, Canada, admitted there was a problem and stated he would refund..."
- "negative zero for a rating if that is possible. For my mothers' funeral I ordered a beautiful arrangement, all white flowers with a crystal/glass cross. What was delivered was..."
- "Bought a so-called complete motor. After 3wks it finally shipped. Said it was being "tested". Received a block of metal, nowhere near complete. Had a broken off intake manifold, cracked..."
- "Well, my girlfriend heard this infomercial on the radio about a weight loss product and asked me to buy it. She told me they would give you a $100 Walmart..."
- "It was recently discovered that my Standard Pacific home and all 37 homes built the same year have major structural water damage. At least 4 structural engineers have reported..."
- "I sit hear and read all these interesting comments and it just baffles me at the way people communicate their feelings. If anyone has ACTUALLY taken the time to..."