Office Depot - Extended Warranties are Bull ***
May 2006 I bought an HP laptop from Office Depot in Washington, NC.While selecting the computer I needed, I was recommended to purchase the 2 year extended warranty.
The exact words said to me were "If you drop it, run over it with your car or whatever, bring it back in and you will get a brand new computer of equal or more value". So, I bought it it. I've always had exceptional service with Dell on extended warraties so I thought it would be a good insurance policy. Two weeks ago, I trn it on and get a very "vague" picture on the monitor.
I called the warraty service, was sent a box for return and got it back today-unrepaired. I was told there was moisture in the unit and my warranty was void. Now before I sent it, I plugged in an external monitor with great success, backed up my data and sent the unit in. I get it back with the news that it had been water damaged and it won't even come on now.
I've been round and round with Office Depot's customer service and they basically told me to F-Off. They said the mother board had been soaked with coffee or Coke and I had no recourse. How was it that it worked two weekd ago with an external monitor and now it won't come on? The manager at the Office Depot I bought it from (200 miles away) says he will do everything he can to help me but according to Office Depot, I'm ***.
I want to put the word out that OD will NOT stand behind there extended warranties.review #118692
You may also like
- "Last night after purchasing a prepaid credit card with 25 dolars on it i got on www.goldstore.com and purchased 7350 gold for 13.19. I clicked for it to be delived..."
- "This top-of-the-line Multi-function printer stopped printing after only one year, and very light home use, perhaps only 200 pages! It had used about 5 sets of cartridges (at about..."
- "The offer was 30 Free Trial and only pay shipping for thirty days. I was billed the full amount immediately even though the email confirmation listed my billing as..."
- "Very good at taking your money - extremely uncooperative regarding exchanging one defective item. I spent 735.30 on some very expensive Turkish Towels ( 14 sets; 1 bath, 1hand, 1face towel)..."
- "The quality control at Harry and David has really gone downhill. Today, when I opened the latest box, I noticed that the pears were all rotted and mold was beginning..."
- "I contacted Jennifer Coburn and contracted with her to find leads for me personally as an independant janitorial sales rep and unfortunately I paid her fee of $360 up front...."
- "........................AT ZAPTECH SOLUTIONS ----------- WE WORK HARD- WE PLAY HARD - WE PARTY HARD !!! ITS DIFFICULT TO WORK WITH ZAPTECH SOLUTIONS FOR THOSE WHO BORN WEEK AND DREAM WEAK. NO PLACE..."
- "This is what I received from Kaiser when I asked what happened to my emails from January 2012 to February 2012 when I filed a complaint about the Hippa Breach...."
- "Jacksonville Florida downtown Burger King big and tasty burger microwave hard as a rock. I knew they knew that burger wasn't no good but they still gave it to me..."